During five days of online offerings and interactive events, attendees gathered to learn and find inspiration from colleagues, service providers, and new connections - all online. You can too! Purchase and view general sessions, concurrent sessions, and much more from the 2020 Virtual Annual Conference.
Registration Fee: $99 for AZA individual members; $50 for AZA Student Members; $175 for non-members. Please email AZAMeetings@aza.org to request the student member rate.
Access Expiration: 90 days from start
Access Information: You may exit the course and resume viewing at any time within 90 days from starting the course. Included in this package are all general sessions, including Virtual Zoo Day, and concurrent sessions under the Business Operations and Trends & More tracks:
- Opening General Session
- Keynote: Dr. Mark Plotkin
- Black Voices in Courageous Conversation on Racial Equity and Achieving our Mission
- Keynote: Dr. B.N. Horowitz
- Honors and Awards
- Wildlife Trafficking and its Impacts on Animal and Human Health: Where Do We Go From Here?
- Board Transition Ceremonies and Incoming Chair of the Board Address
- Virtual Zoo Day
Business Operations Track
- 30 Years of The ADA Where It’s Been and Where Is It Going?
- Aquarium and Zoo Energy and Water Conservation Practices in Life Support Systems
- AZA Retail Operators - Leading the Way to Single-Use Plastic Waste Reduction
- Building A Culture of Conservation in Your Organization, Regardless of Size & Resources
- Business Planning for Uncertainty
- Critical Planning for Zoos and Aquariums: Multi-Dimensional Thinking & the Evolution of an Institution’s Road Map for Today & the Future
- Member Cards - Searching for The Elusive Answer That Is Easy for Us and Easy for Our Members!
- Supporting Staff Mental Well Being in AZA Zoos and Aquariums: Part 1: Awareness and Proactive Strategies for Overall Mental Well Being
- Supporting Staff Mental Well Being in AZA Zoos and Aquariums: Part 2: Building Resiliency, Increasing Resistance, And Improving Recovery
- The Effects of The Pandemic on Employees. Engaging Your People Where They Are
- Throw Out Your Strategic Plan. Should You Ditch Your Plan in A Crisis? Why Knowing Your ‘Why’ Is More Important Than Ever
Trends & More Track
- A Stimulating Experience – Excitement for Some, Anxiety for Others
- AZA Government Affairs Initiatives in a Post-COVID-19 World
- Building an Agenda for Social Science Research
- Increase Visitor Engagement thru Play
- Movin’ on Up: Exploring DEAI Topics for Mid-Level Leaders
- Navigating the Leadership Journey
- On the Boards
- Reaching Past the Barriers: Accounting for Implicit Biases in Planning and Program Design
- Shifting Organizational Mindsets about Community Engagement
- Social Science Research Collaboration: Advance the Field and Your Organization
- The Buzz I
- The Buzz II
- The Call: Is Public Engagement the Solution to Saving Species from Extinction
- What’s New in Exhibit Design?
- Women in Leadership: Ideas for Changing Times
Questions? Email AZAMeetings@aza.org.