During five days of online offerings and interactive events, attendees gathered to learn and find inspiration from colleagues, service providers, and new connections - all online. You can too! Purchase and view general sessions, concurrent sessions, and much more from the 2020 Virtual Annual Conference.
Registration Fee: $99 for AZA individual members; $50 for AZA Student Members; $175 for non-members. Please email AZAMeetings@aza.org to request the student member rate.
Access Expiration: 90 days from start
Access Information: You may exit the course and resume viewing at any time within 90 days from starting the course. Included in this package are all general sessions, including Virtual Zoo Day, and concurrent sessions under the Education, Volunteer & Intern Management, and Trends & More tracks:
- Opening General Session
- Keynote: Dr. Mark Plotkin
- Black Voices in Courageous Conversation on Racial Equity and Achieving our Mission
- Keynote: Dr. B.N. Horowitz
- Honors and Awards
- Wildlife Trafficking and its Impacts on Animal and Human Health: Where Do We Go From Here?
- Board Transition Ceremonies and Incoming Chair of the Board Address
- Virtual Zoo Day
Education and Volunteer & Intern Management Tracks
- Aging Service Populations: Considerations and Approaches for Working with Senior Volunteers, Emeritus Programs, Innovations in Engagement
- Beginning With the End in Mind: How to Design Outcome-Driven Conservation and Engagement Planning Processes
- Beyond Palm Oil Boycott: A New Approach to Consumer Awareness
- Building an Agenda for Social Science Research
- Combating Wildlife Trafficking in a COVID-19 World
- Combating Wildlife Trafficking through Effective Communication in the Zoo World
- Community Building in Adverse Conditions: Tools You Can Use!
- Disrupting the Norm: How a Pandemic Has Made Our Organizations More Nimble
- Innovations in Service: New Philosophies, Non-Traditional Roles, Technical Advancements, & More!
- Internships: Best Practices to Deepen Your Talent Pool
- Making Conservation Behavior Change Possible: Stories & Advice to Keep Moving Forward
- On the Empathy Front Lines: Research, Implications, and Best Practices
- PIVOT: Adapting Your Strategic Plan in a World of Change
- Resiliency and Optimism: Leaning in to our Mission’s Future
- Social Science Research Collaboration: Advance the Field and Your Organization
- Social Science Research to the Rescue! Advancing Conservation and Education through Applications of Social Science
- Strategies for Communication & Coaching: Tools, Resources, Effective Techniques for Managing Conflicting or Divergent Styles in the Workplace
- Thinking Critically About Virtual Programs
- Training Supervisors: Effective Personnel Management Skill Development for New or Reticent Volunteer Managers
- Wildly Successful: Interdepartmental Collaborations Supporting Ambassador Animals
Trends & More Track
- A Stimulating Experience – Excitement for Some, Anxiety for Others
- AZA Government Affairs Initiatives in a Post-COVID-19 World
- Increase Visitor Engagement thru Play
- Movin’ on Up: Exploring DEAI Topics for Mid-Level Leaders
- Navigating the Leadership Journey
- On the Boards
- Reaching Past the Barriers: Accounting for Implicit Biases in Planning and Program Design
- Shifting Organizational Mindsets about Community Engagement
- The Buzz I
- The Buzz II
- The Call: Is Public Engagement the Solution to Saving Species from Extinction
- What’s New in Exhibit Design?
- Women in Leadership: Ideas for Changing Times
Questions? Email AZAMeetings@aza.org.